Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Let The Whole World Know?

I have a question...

But first I'll explain the situation:
I was on FB and I read the status of a fellow Christian that I highly respect. There was a curse word written. Of course it knocked me back a bit, but then I did some investigating. I thought, surely they don't have their religion status set for Christian (even though they are) -- and they did. This confused me even more...

I know that Christian's are flawed. We're human after all...But this bothered me.

Question:
Do you think that Christian's who are backsliding should change the status of their religion on FB? I can see both sides of the equation here.

1)On one side, NO THEY SHOULDN'T. Just because they curse or whatever doesn't mean that they are less Christian...it just means they are taking a "mini-vacation" and got lost along the way...lol

2) And on the other side, YES THEY SHOULD, because non-Christians are carefully watching us Christian's and when they see us acting ungodly, it pushes them farther from Christ.

But after writing all this out, I think it should remain...Because Christianity isn't something you turn off and on. I guess we just have to gently confront our brothers and sisters and correct the issue ourselves. I think to myself WWJD (what would Jesus do?). Jesus would confront the person, not dis-own them and make them change their name...<3

Thanks BLOGGER for letting me flesh out those thoughts! Sorry guys...don't need your help anymore...Unless you'd still like to comment. :D

2 comments:

  1. This is always a tough issue to deal with, but the best explanation I got was at church a few weeks ago. We were asked if we disown a child when that child misbehaves, or if we love that child any less. On one hand, none of my 3 living children are living as I believe they should, yet I do not love them any less. On the other, my heart is broken when I wonder about their eternity. All we can do when we see a brother or sister in Christ stumble or fall, is try to help them back onto the path.

    As you can see, I am no help at all! There are several Christians I know right now who seem to have lost their way, but I can not condemn them....despite the fact I absolutely do not condone their choices. I just continue loving them and praying for them. Ok, I will get off your blog now while I continue hashing this out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. You are right Cindy. Shower them with love and prayer. Trust and believe. Thanks for commenting! ;)

    ReplyDelete